Choctaw Electric Cooperative places great emphasis on safety, customer service, teamwork, problem solving, and innovation. We look for people who exemplify these qualities and are willing to work hard for our membership. CEC is an equal opportunity employer.
Distribution Engineer - Click here for complete job description
The Distribution Engineer is responsible for the design, coordination, overcurrent protection, voltage regulation, load balancing, planning, and troubleshooting of the Cooperative’s electric power distribution system by:
- Assuring safe, efficient, and reliable distribution design for new construction and modifications to existing facilities.
- Conducts system planning studies including load projections and modeling of the distribution system.
- Maintaining a Coordination Study and assuring safe, efficient, and reliable distribution system overcurrent protection.
- Providing technical expertise to cooperative personnel.
- Works closely with all departments.
- BS Degree in electrical engineering with at least three years distribution utility experience in an engineering position, with emphasis on system planning and standards
- Familiarity with RUS standards and specifications, OSHA, the NESC, and other electrical industry specifications and work rules as they relate to construction and to line personnel and public safety.
Director of Finance and Administrative Services - Click here for complete job description
The Director of Finance and Administrative Services is responsible for the overall operations of the Finance and Administrative Services Department by:
- Overseeing monthly General Ledger updating process and financial statement preparation.
- Budgeting, forecasting, investigating and performing rate analysis.
- Participating in developing the overall work plan and budget. Reviewing them monthly to ensure compliance of plus (+) or minus (-) five (5) percent of the planned estimates. Justifying discrepancies. Recommending if any corrective action is needed.
- Managing customer service and billing departments.
- Overseeing collections activities.
- Managing administration and compliance functions.
- Supervising and assist in maintaining cooperative Informational Technology infrastructure.
- Coordinating work with vendors, auditors, attorneys and consultants hired to perform work for Choctaw Electric Cooperative in financial and administrative matters.
- Participating as a member of the General Manager senior staff in developing viewpoints, objectives and policies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in finance responsibilities is required.
- Must have or be willing to acquire a thorough knowledge of Cooperative history, objectives and general operations.
How to apply
Visit any CEC location or complete the application below. Applications and resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.